Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My favorite pancakes

I love pancakes. I mean, I really love them. This love has inspired me to try countless recipes, most of which I try and then move on because they aren't all I want them to be. But these ones are awesome. They have an almost skin-like texture. They aren't cake-y or fluffy, they are more like thick crepes. They are the pancakes I make when I am cooking for myself or maybe my sister, who loves them as well.

Can you see how dense and eggy they are? Yummmmmm

I've adapted the recipe from Smitten Kitchen, my go to site for recipes.

Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/ 4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Heat a griddle over medium-low heat.
Stir the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in the bottom of a medium bowl. Dump the sour cream in on top and stir it together very gently. Whisk the eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl and stir them into the sour cream mixture, being careful not to over-mix.
Spray the pan with cooking spray and pour the batter in, a scant 1/4 cup at a time. Cook for about 2 minutes on the first side, or until bubbles appear all over the surface, flipping them carefully and cooking for about a minute on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
Top with a pat of butter and maple syrup.

Makes enough for about 2 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment