Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Moosewood Brownies


I think I've found my brownie recipe. I baked off a tray of these decadent, fudgy brownies for a pool party recently. The pool party ended up getting canceled...and guess what happened to all the brownies?

No, I didn't eat all of them. I froze half (they freeze beautifully--are even more moist once thawed) and shared them with lucky friends who happened to drop by over the next few weeks. I must confess, however, that I probably ate about half of them. I can't help it, I love a seriously good brownie.

Moosewood Brownies
adapted from Moosewood Cookbook


  • 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate (5 squares)
  • 2 sticks butter 
  • 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3/4 c. flour
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or anything else)

Directions:


  1. Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Gently melt the chocolate. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
  3. Cream the butter and sugar in a medium-sized bowl until light and fluffy.
  4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
  5. Stir in the vanilla.
  6. Stir constantly as you drizzle in the melted chocolate. After all the chocolate is in, beat well for a minute or two.
  7. Stir in flour.
  8. Mix just enough to blend thoroughly.
  9. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
  10. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center come out clean.
  11. Cut into squares while still hot, then allow to cool for at least 10 minutes, if you can wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment