Saturday, March 16, 2013

Poached eggs, where have you been all my life?


I'm addicted to poached eggs, ever since I learned how to make them a few weeks ago. If you don't know how to do it, and you love your eggs poached (like I do) here's a very simple, helpful tutorial from Smitten Kitchen.

The yummy, healthy dinner (or breakfast) from these pictures comes together in the time it takes to poach your eggs, which is about four minutes once your water has boiled. I always include some lightly dressed greens, sandwiched between a buttered English muffin and a not-quite-four-minute poached egg.


And the acorn squash is something I just discovered this year. It's sweet and pumpkiny, the skin gets caramelized and chewy in the oven--hello edible skin! In that way, it's better than butternut squash. It roasts up easily, tossed with oil and rock salt in a 400-degree oven for a mere 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment