Friday, September 10, 2010

Jack's banner

Jack got a new, big-boy bed. To celebrate, I whipped up this happy little banner to hang over it!

First, I made a triangle template out of cardboard. I traced this six times onto doubled up material and sewed up three sides, leaving the shorter side open.
Then I trimmed the points to make turning them out easier and to make the points cleaner.
Then I turned and pressed them.
I laid out some extra-wide double fold bias tape and arranged the triangles at even intervals and pinned them in place.



 Finally, I sewed everything together with thread that matched the bias tape. It was done within an hour!  Too cute!









For more detailed instructions and a slew of other beautiful projects, I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment