Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Homemade deodorant

I love this stuff. I've been using Amy Karol's recipe for homemade deodorant for about a year now and I really, really love it. Like Amy, I had long been a long-time hater of women's anti-perspirant/deodorant combos. The aluminum in the stuff is just plain toxic, and while I didn't want to smell like a hippie, I also didn't want to get Parkinson's disease either.



Once I swore off anti-perspirant, I tried 'the crystal.' This stuff just plain didn't work for me.
From there, I moved on to Lush's aromacreme which was awesome until it gave me a rash. Bummer.  I used men's deodorant after that, but didn't like the man smell it gave me...so....I was so pleased when I finally found this recipe.


I don't add any fragrance to my deodorant because I love the natural smell of cocoa butter (yep, my pits smell like chocolate!)  The last time I whipped up a batch, I poured the contents into an empty deodorant stick and now it's easy peasy to apply. As you may see from the picture, I tried mixing some of my beloved Chanel Chance in to see if I could get a deodorant that smelled like my favorite perfume. It didn't work, so don't waste your perfume! The deodorant works very well, but for those days when I know I'm going to be working really hard, I use my husband's deodorant spray--it just works that little bit better. But as far as everyday needs go, this homemade deodorant is really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment