One girl's adventures in cooking, crafting and mothering
Friday, August 13, 2010
Dressy Bessie fix up!
Well, the Dressy Bessie project is complete. It was fun working on a beloved doll from my and my sister's childhood. First, I mended the big rips by just sewing them closed as best I could.
Since her dress was so shot, I decided I needed something big to cover it up. But I wanted to keep the snap, zipper and button accessible, so I made a little apron for her. Then I appliqued patches over the big rips using some cute, retro fabrics. She also needed some new hair and shoe ribbons. And voila--done!