Friday, August 6, 2010

A Project

While going through some old toys in Hawaii, I found my old Dressy Bessie doll. She has some damage but is still such a cool vintage doll that I've decided to fix her up and pass her down to Jack. First on the agenda, a good cleaning.  Next, her snap and zipper are a bit stiff, so I'll need to grease those up a bit.  Last, I'll fix the big rips in her dress, stockings and arm. I haven't decided the best way to go about doing this--maybe patches?  But do you see the potential?

We are slowly readjusting to being back in California. Hawaii is such a peaceful, beautiful, natural place, it's always a struggle to get used to freeways, traffic and reliable weather again.



I love the changeable weather in Hawaii, and I love that you spend so much time outdoors that you can't help but feel at the whim of Mother Nature. Yeah you wanted to go for a hike, but there's torrential rain coming your way. Sorry. And the pace of life...well, this picture says it all.

So I guess my next question is, when are we going back?

No comments:

Post a Comment