Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Inspiration


I've been thinking about Halloween costumes lately. Halloween was a different kind of fun before we had Jack, it involved elaborate costumes, parties and usually copious amounts of alcohol. Now that Jack is here, it's tame. No less fun, just different. You parents out there understand.  While I love making costumes for Jack, I kinda miss making elaborate costumes for myself. While I could certainly put on a costume myself while pushing Jack in his stroller while trick-or-treating, it's just not the same. And I think some people might find it odd were I to wear the kind of costumes I'm used to wearing. Not that they're risque, just elaborate.



But anyway, the costume I've been imagining for myself--for an elaborate event in the far future, is an ostrich. I see layers of petticoats topped with feathers, ballet pink tights, black suede heels, heavily makeupped eyes and wild, flyaway gray hair. A Tim Burton ostrich, if you will.

Here is what Jack wore last year. Cute, huh?

You can find directions on making the lamb costume here.

No comments:

Post a Comment